.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beyond Pandora

Beyond simple curiosity, this is Thinking Too Much. If you're interested in philosophy and/or wild theories, you've come to the right place.

Name:
Location: Australia

Paddling somewhere between a mad scientist and an organisational artist. Indecisive, inconsistent and often incoherent.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Paranoia

Does it scare anyone else (Americans, English, Australians), that we have become 'the opposing army'? My God, we are actually targets!

I warn myself not to drop into complete paranoia, but honestly, this scares me. Why on earth did we (Australia) agree to join this war in the first place? Out of loyalty to America? It seems to me like the blind led the blind in this scenario.

The source of this personal crisis is Andrew Denton's latest interview with a journalist (the one journalist?) who is living in amongst the terrorists and understands perhaps more than anyone else in the Western world how these people think and act. He suggested that we should take the threats to Australia very seriously. I didn't notice these threats. I feel dangerously unobservant.

Perhaps the worst feeling is that there is precious little I can do to help these matters, except perhaps vote Labor in order to take John Howard (a name well-known in among Iraq's more dangerous residents) out of the public eye. 'For his own protection'. It would make me feel better.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't notice the threats? OMG!

11:33 pm  
Blogger Draic said...

No, I didn't! And that really scared me! I mean, how can it be possible to not hear a threat to your life?

...On the other hand, people do it all the time. It's only once they have a specific name for the threat (name of disease, etc) that they try to counteract it. Before the threat, people tend to have no idea what's about to hit them...

1:06 pm  
Blogger Violet said...

and we in New Zealand are oh so glad that we didn't join in too...

4:54 pm  
Blogger Draic said...

You know, times like these prove that New Zealanders are smarter than some Aussies like to admit.

1:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home