.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beyond Pandora

Beyond simple curiosity, this is Thinking Too Much. If you're interested in philosophy and/or wild theories, you've come to the right place.

Name:
Location: Australia

Paddling somewhere between a mad scientist and an organisational artist. Indecisive, inconsistent and often incoherent.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Beggars

If someone asks me for help, and I can give that help without loss to myself, I should do it. Right?
So if someone asks me for money and I can afford it, I should give it to them.
Is what they do with the money any of my business?
Shouldn't I just trust that if they are desperate enough to ask for money then they will use it well?
I think the answer is yes, but only because I feel I should trust people. Whether the people are trustworthy is another matter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I wouldn't do that at all. I'd only give the money if I believed they really needed it and weren't going to spend it on something I disapproved of.

12:56 pm  
Blogger Draic said...

Yeah, I guess it's a question of whether I believe them. But what are you supposed to base that judgement on? I have no experience with being homeless or a druggo. And usually no time to stop and make sure!

1:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home