.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beyond Pandora

Beyond simple curiosity, this is Thinking Too Much. If you're interested in philosophy and/or wild theories, you've come to the right place.

Name:
Location: Australia

Paddling somewhere between a mad scientist and an organisational artist. Indecisive, inconsistent and often incoherent.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Fading to Orange

(Orig. May 13 2005)
The sunset today was spectacular, considering that I couldn't actually see the sun - there was mass cloud cover today. So as I walked home drenched and getting more drenched, I was amazed to see the sky very orange in that direction and, due to the water everywhere, the whole street was reflecting the orange of the sky. The effect was as if a coloured filter had been placed over my eyes - the street was almost literally fading to orange.

Water breaks up incoming light, so my theory is that lots of water blurs the colours of everything seen through it so much that it seems to become one solid colour. Because the strongest light at the time was orange, everything seemed orange.

The sky was very pink a little further to the south. I could just imagine the orange streets changing colour as you travelled. I would have loved to get a photo of tonight's sky, as well as the orange street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home