.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beyond Pandora

Beyond simple curiosity, this is Thinking Too Much. If you're interested in philosophy and/or wild theories, you've come to the right place.

Name:
Location: Australia

Paddling somewhere between a mad scientist and an organisational artist. Indecisive, inconsistent and often incoherent.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Roundabout and Stepping Sideways

I've found a solution, for now.
I want to work in communications and media, so what will I study?
Electronics Engineering.
It makes sense in a twisted sort of way - mostly because it is a fairly secure industry. The theory is that I can easily find work (and money) with this sort of practical experience. Electronics has big connections to media. TVs, radios, computers, telephones.
Not to mention intelligent lighting, control desks, cameras, projectors, etc.
There are connections to many areas that I'd like to work in, and it makes sense financially.
I just don't know that I'd be able to stand four years of such full-on practicality and dedication.
And where is the creative process I've always been so fond of?
It feels like the right thing to do. I just don't know if I can be the right person to do it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pickwick said...

My brother is an electronics engineer - in the airforce. You wanna talk to him bout possibilities and creativity? I can put you in touch...

9:01 am  
Blogger Violet said...

Wow, that sounds utterly different from what said you wanted to do in the previous post. I would have thought ...a communications degree, or theatre plus teaching.

4:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home