.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beyond Pandora

Beyond simple curiosity, this is Thinking Too Much. If you're interested in philosophy and/or wild theories, you've come to the right place.

Name:
Location: Australia

Paddling somewhere between a mad scientist and an organisational artist. Indecisive, inconsistent and often incoherent.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Pet Project: Colourful Theories

As a reaction to quizzes that claim to be able to classify your personality as a colour, I've been thinking about the associations we, as a culture, make with particular colours.

I've been trying to write down the associations I make when I think about certain colours, but I'd like to hear from other people as well. So if you're interested, I'd like to hear the things you think of when you think of the following colours:

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Pink
Black
White

Feel free to add to the list, or split into light colours and dark colours, but let your thoughts be known!

I'll post my own thoughts a week from now - I don't want to affect your lines of thinking before you think!

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

Red - excitement, danger, alive-ness
Orange - friendliness, warmth, comfort
Yellow - as for orange, but also Summer
Green - freshness, cleanliness
Blue - serenity, sadness
Purple - lilac ->femininity, darker purple ->confidence
Pink - girliness,
Black - seriousness
White - fragility (I think that's a laundry association!)

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home