.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beyond Pandora

Beyond simple curiosity, this is Thinking Too Much. If you're interested in philosophy and/or wild theories, you've come to the right place.

Name:
Location: Australia

Paddling somewhere between a mad scientist and an organisational artist. Indecisive, inconsistent and often incoherent.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Who I Am: Possibility

I spend forever to decide on anything. I like to 'hear both sides of the tale', and consider all options before deciding. All options.
And once I decide something, it is far from set in concrete. My opinions and priorities change, and so I will repeat the process again and again, under a different light and through different eyes each time.

I am a professional drifter; I do whatever grabs my attention at the time. If I don't complete a task as soon as possible, something else will capture my mind and I'll lose the motivation to do the first thing - meaning that I'll often leave things unfinished.
I don't like to be tied down and wrapped up in routine; yet, like most people, I stick to what I'm comfortable with. Isn't that a way of tying myself down?

I have the potential to be a jack of all trades; I could choose to study just about anything, and do it well. But I don't feel like there are many things that could keep my attention long enough for me to master the skills. But I want to develop skills that will allow me to do something that is new, that is only me. I want to create and explore, not just imitate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

School would have been torture for you then, learning about all those great discoveries and inventions that have already happened. Not like you can hop in a boat and discover the world is round, or find a new continent. Still, inventing maybe, ... :)

1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home