.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beyond Pandora

Beyond simple curiosity, this is Thinking Too Much. If you're interested in philosophy and/or wild theories, you've come to the right place.

Name:
Location: Australia

Paddling somewhere between a mad scientist and an organisational artist. Indecisive, inconsistent and often incoherent.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

$599

...and 27 cents.

This is how much money I spent during my week-long holiday in the nearest capital city - or is as near as I can work out, judging by the receipts I kept. This doesn't include various meals and... alcohol. Hic! (Sorry, couldn't hold back the urge).

It also doesn't include the tickets I bought for Cirque du Soleil's "Quidam" (I was awed and overwhelmed by the show, thanks for asking!)

Disincluding the food items (chocolate for the family I resided with - and also for me; and food bought from Wet&Wild), the total is still $570.52 - By far the biggest spending spree I've been on to date.

$210 was spent on CLOTHES: 3 shirts for $40; 2 pairs of pants for $30; new navy shoes (much needed, to contrast with the bright red-and-white of my other pair) for $40 at Target; and a pair of sunnies (who'd have guessed?) for $10. The other $90? Okay, so I bought a fancy shirt from the Cirque stall in a moment of dazed ecstasy after the show. It's still a cool shirt, but in other circumstances I would have easily been able to pull myself away.

$90 on BOOKS: $45 for the two latest hardcover Pratchetts, "Going Postal" and "Monstrous Regiment" (and I'm afraid I was sucked in again, for as I marveled over finding one for $10, I was offered the other as well, supposedly 'on special' for $35); another $45 for "The Riders" (Tim Winton), "The Time Traveler's Wife" (Audrey Niffenegger), and "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" (Mark Haddon) in paperback, from Borders - 3 for the price of 2! I sooo love that store! If/Once I move to said city, I will be practically living there.

$67 for 5 CDs, one a double-disc album: Linkin Park's 'Reanimation', k.d. lang's 'Ingenue', Tina Arena's 'Best of' album, Crowded House's 'Together Alone', and a collection of music from the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

$40 on GAMES: second-hand versions of 'Airblade' and 'Heroes of Might and Magic' on PS2

I'd also bought a program for the Cirque show for $15...

And then, on the day I was due to come home, I had to go buy a new travel bag, so I could fit in all the stuff I'd bought! $150, very large, and very classy (It is sitting beside me and reading over my shoulder as I write this - I have no idea, as yet, where else it might be possible to store it!).

And, um... I may have also spent $60 or so on, uh... a fire staff for my to-be-16-yr-old sister...

Don't let on! ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

a fire staff? is that like a really, really, big match stick?

12:12 pm  
Blogger Draic said...

Like a really really big, double-ended matchstick! :-)

3:40 pm  
Blogger Casyn said...

Ooooo.

Fire pretty. Tree bad.

At least you have sunnies now to block the glare of the flames. ;-)

11:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home