.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beyond Pandora

Beyond simple curiosity, this is Thinking Too Much. If you're interested in philosophy and/or wild theories, you've come to the right place.

Name:
Location: Australia

Paddling somewhere between a mad scientist and an organisational artist. Indecisive, inconsistent and often incoherent.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Heart Or (But Not And) Mind

I've always had trouble with tests that try to tell me whether I'm more emotional or rational - heart vs. mind. I think I've realised why.

I think I have emotional and rational qualities in two different states of mind, completely seperate from each other.

There are times when I just lose myself in a tedious and detailed task. (E.g., media player!!) I don't get 'bored' of these tasks, and neither do I get a rush of achievement or satisfaction. I just keep at it until I stop.

On the flip side, social interactions with me tend to be emotion-based. I'm a listener; I react emotionally - 'oh my god', 'ouch!', 'you're kidding', etc. But if I'm having a good time, I have trouble remembering facts about anything (eg, names, dates) - which sometimes renders me pretty much speechless during conversation as I can't think of anything to say.

I can't think of anything that stimulates me mentally and emotionally.

If this is true, I will never rate any job highly under job satisfaction. Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home