.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beyond Pandora

Beyond simple curiosity, this is Thinking Too Much. If you're interested in philosophy and/or wild theories, you've come to the right place.

Name:
Location: Australia

Paddling somewhere between a mad scientist and an organisational artist. Indecisive, inconsistent and often incoherent.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

There is a small pile of birdseed lying next to my chair.

(Sigh)

I'd just cleared a space in the mess of my room, and now my carpet is full of birdseed.

My brother.

It's not like he intended it, and of course I knew that the birdseed-in-balloons juggling balls Mum made me for Christmas would give eventually, but... argh!

I think I'll just pretend to ignore it and see if it takes the hint.

And I was really feeling good about my 'new room'.

I don't have a lot of space in here, especially with a computer desk, chest of drawers, closet, bed, keyboard (and music box/box of music), little table-y thing on wheels, and box of schoolbooks that I keep telling myself will somehow prove 'useful'. And then when I moved the keyboard to the middle of the room (I needed it close to the computer so I could connect the two with my new cable - yay!), there was really no space to stand anymore. But now the keyboard is against the wall where it belongs, and I've piled all the school junk in the unusable space in the corner (beside the computer desk and at the foot of the bed).

So it really felt good to see the floor again! But now...

BIRDSEED!

(My sister's drawing a smiley face in it to make it seem more pleasant... )

(sigh)

3 Comments:

Blogger MuzeKez said...

Greetings Draic :-)

It rather tickled my funny bone that this post immediately followed your review of.. "The Birdcage".

Also, that's lovely that your sister drew a face in the seed to make it more pleasant. It reminds me of a habit my brother and older cousin had when we used to holiday on our Aunt & Uncle's farm. They used to draw smiley faces in the fresh cow pats.. I suppose also to make them seem more pleasant!

10:27 pm  
Blogger Draic said...

Hiya MuzeKez!
lol, I hadn't made the connection between 'The Birdcage' and my birdseed problem. How amusing!Thanks for pointing it out.

Geez, thanks for putting things in perspective. On the whole, I think I should be thankful it was birdseed and not cow pats on my floor.

I hope your brother and cousin drew in the cowpats with a stick or gloves or something... eww...

6:51 pm  
Blogger MuzeKez said...

Ah yes, I should have pointed out that while they were youthfully silly (after all, you don't often see mature sensible folk drawing faces in cowpats!) they were smart enough to keep their hands well clear, and did indeed use sticks as their drawing tools.

Doesn't really make it much less gross though, does it? :-)

7:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home